- To advance knowledge on the structure, function and therapeutic application of hyaluronan and its role in the structure and function of the extracellular matrix and cells;
- to support scientific research on the hyaluronan molecule encompassing all 3 branches of medical sciences: basic, clinical and applied;
- to initiate, organize and administer meetings for scientific communication and cooperation on national, regional and international levels;
- to participate in organizing conferences, or organizing meetings, symposia and lectures that advance the objectives of the Society;
- to arrange for publication of scientific and other reports and other printed material for the dissemination of knowledge in its field of interest and make these available for the public;
- to arrange for cooperation between various individuals, groups and organizations to further the advancement of its fields of interest;
- to seek cooperation with other national and international organizations having similar objectives;
- to seek financial aid and support from individuals, organizations, corporations, national and international governments and governmental agencies and other organizations interested in the Societys objectives and the support of its goals.